Norway’s intelligence service PST has said a bow-and-arrow attack that killed five people yesterday seemed to be “an act of terror”.
“The events in Kongsberg currently appear to be an act of terror, but the investigation… will determine in closer detail what the acts were motivated by,” PST said in a statement.
A Danish man who is suspected of killing the five people had converted to Islam and was previously known to Police over fears of radicalisation.
Four women and one man were killed in the attack on Wednesday in the south-eastern town of Kongsberg in Norway.
“We’re talking about a convert to Islam,” a Norwegian Police official said.
“There were fears linked to radicalisation previously.”
The Police official said the 37-year-old suspect had confessed during questioning.
All victims of the assault were between the ages of 50 and 70.