14.6 C
Ireland
Friday, April 23, 2021

Ireland’s rent prices grew by 2.7% in 2020

According to the Residential Tenancies Board’s latest rent index, Ireland’s rent prices grew by 2.7% in the year 2020 while averaging at €1,256 per month.

The index revealed that from October to December in 2020, Dublin was the county with the highest rent prices which averaged at €1,745 per month.

Approximately four-fifths (82.8%) of all registrations were new tenancies with the other 17.2% representing tenancy renewals.

The lowest monthly rents were reported in Leitrim and Donegal at €626 per month with Carndonagh, Co Donegal being the Local Electoral Area with the lowest standardised average rent at €521 per month.

The Local Electoral Area with the highest standardised average rent was Stillorgan, Co Dublin at €2,385.

POPULAR

COVID-19: 434 new confirmed cases in Ireland

Health officials have confirmed a further 434 cases of Covid-19 in Ireland. One further person diagnosed with the virus...

Hospital numbers for Covid-19 at their lowest since October

Hospital numbers are currently at their lowest since early October

Australian city of Perth orders new lockdown following Covid-19 case in the community

Australian authorities ordered a snap, three-day lockdown in the western city of Perth today after a member of the community tested positive...
Ireland
overcast clouds
14.6 ° C
15 °
14.4 °
49 %
5.4kmh
100 %
Fri
15 °
Sat
14 °
Sun
16 °
Mon
15 °
Tue
10 °