The government has released a list of essential retailers that will remain open during the stay-at-home lockdown.
Some will be offering a full service where others will be limited to emergency call-out and delivery services.
Essential Retail Outlets:
- Retail and wholesale sale of food, beverages and newspapers. Retail sale of household consumer products necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences and businesses.
- Pharmacies and chemists.
- Retail sales of medical and orthopaedic goods in specialised stores.
- Fuel stations and heating fuel providers.
- Health and animal welfare retailers. Including feed and medicines, animal food, pet food and animal supplies including bedding.
- Laundries and dry cleaners.
- Banks, post offices and credit unions.
- Retail sale of safety supply stores (work clothes, Personal Protective Equipment, for example).
Emergency Call-Out and Delivery Service:
- Repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (tyre sales and repairs for example).
- Hardware stores, builder’s merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture.
- Retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses.
- Retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home.